JRK Hotel Group, hereinafter referred to as JRK, recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy security of all information provided by users of our Web Sites. This statement applies to all JRK managed hotel properties and web sites, namely; JRK Hotel Group, Hotel Oceana Santa Monica, Hotel Oceana Santa Barbara, Hotel Roger Williams, hereinafter collectively referred to as “JRK,” “Hotels,” “Web Sites,” or “Hotel Web Sites.” To that end, we collect and use information throughout our Web Sites only as disclosed in this Privacy and Security Statement. This statement applies solely to information collected our Web Sites and at our Hotels.
How Information is Collected
JRK collects information about users by voluntary submission, IP addresses and cookies. No registration is required to enter our Web Sites.
When users elect to make online reservations or subscribe to newsletters via our email list, users are required to supply certain personal information during the reservation and/or subscription process. Information collected through these forms may be used by JRK and/or its managed Hotels to improve the content of our Web Sites, gather demographic information about our users in general, for audits and to perform statistical analysis of user behavior in order to measure interest in the various areas of our Web Sites. JRK will not disclose, share, sell or divulge any personal information, such as address, email, telephone and fax numbers, to third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you or are required to do so by law. JRK will maintain this information in accordance with our strict security and confidentiality standards. JRK feels strongly about protecting the privacy of children. No information should be submitted to JRK by users under the age 18. Children under the age 18 may not make online reservations or register for subscriptions or access those sections of our Web Sites that require registration.
When visitors to our Web Sites join a mailing list, we log (record) the IP address, date and time of the “opt-in” subscription request. To prevent unwanted subscriptions, an email will be sent to the requesting party asking them to confirm the subscription by clicking on the link provided. If the subscription is not confirmed, the email address will not be added to our list.
JRK and its managed Hotels may periodically send out email newsletters and other notifications to our users about new services, products or other news using email addresses provided during online reservation, email list subscription or otherwise. Each email you receive from us will contain an “opt-out” list removal link. To have your email address removed from our list, simply click on the link provided in the email and your address will be removed automatically from our system.
From time-to-time JRK may send guest satisfaction surveys via email to list subscribers, or guests who have stayed at one of its Hotels. These emails will only contain information specifically related to its Hotels. Participation is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving our Web Sites and/or the services at JRK managed Hotels.
From time-to-time JRK may send promotional emails to list subscribers and/or guests who have stayed at JRK managed Hotels that specifically relates to our Hotels and Web Sites including special rate offers, packages and discounts.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you surf the Internet. When you request pages from our Web Sites, the web server automatically logs your IP address, but not your email address. JRK and its managed Hotels may use the log for various purposes, including systems administration.
JRK employs an agency and a web developer to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending emails, removing repetitive information form customer lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Our Web Sites may contain links to other Web Sites. JRK and its managed Hotels are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web Sites. Inclusion of links to such Web Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web Sites by JRK or its managed Hotels.
Security - Personal Information
JRK and its Web Sites use reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Nonetheless, JRK does not guarantee the security, accuracy or completeness of any such information or procedures.
Security - Credit Card Information
To secure credit card transactions, our Web Sites use of 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology during the online reservation process. Changes and Acceptance JRK and its managed Hotels reserve the right to change this statement at any time. By using our Web Sites you signify your agreement with the terms of our privacy and security statement. Your continued use of our Web Sites after any changes to this statement signifies your agreement to the changes. If you have any questions about our privacy and security statement or the practices of our Web Sites, you may write to us at the following postal address:
JRK Hotel Group
11766 Wilshire Blvd., 15th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provide consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Oceana disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights:
To Exercise access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 310-393-0486.
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not
Collection of Personal Information
Oceana has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We also collect personal information from other sources:
- Information received as part of routine card verification (fraud) checks.
- Use of Personal Information
- We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Websites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your accounts with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and se.